Deadline: 22 June 2016
World Vision International (WVI) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist in Lusaka, Zambia. The duration of this post is 2+ years.
The Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist will provide monitoring, evaluation and learning support services to improve project effectiveness.
WVI’s mission is to promote human transformation, seek justice and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Design and implement impact and performance evaluations, surveys, studies, analyses and assessments.
- Review, revise, and maintain the THRIVE project Performance Management Plan (PMP), project M&E plans, and activity M&E plans.
- Manage the process of high quality performance monitoring by project staff and implementing partners including: development of monitoring tools, data collection, monitoring, reporting, dissemination, and related tasks.
- Integrate gender, disability-inclusive, and conflict sensitive measures into M&E activities, ensuring that they align with field standards, are consistently and systematically tracked and reported in the project areas.
- Assist the project team to setup a fully functional monitoring system (database) that will be used to plan and monitor the progress on project activities.
- Work with the project team in reviewing all MMRs, Semi-annual and annual reports to ensure they are prepared using the right formats and effectively communicate project’s progress towards its set goals and objectives.
- Lead, facilitate and participate in M&E workshops, training and capacity building activities with WVZL staff and implementing partner staff.
- Support management and accountability through routine, accurate collection and reporting of information that confirms status of program activities based on log frames.
- Ensure proper documentation and security (both manual and electronic) of project documents including use of project based localized database and HORIZON for Communicating, Connecting and Collaboration.
Applicants must have-
- Degree in agricultural economics, agribusiness, business, economics, statistics, and/or a relevant field.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation.
- 5 years of M&E experience of agricultural productivity, value chain integration, agribusiness, household resilience, business enabling environment and access to finance.
- Deep experience integrating gender considerations into M&E activities focused on agriculture and rural societies.
- Experience developing and facilitating M&E trainings and capacity development activities.
- Experience using technological innovations when conducting monitoring, such as tablets, smartphones, evaluation-related software applications, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Proficiency in SPSS or other statistical applications required.
- Nationality of Zambia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WVI.