Deadline: 28 April 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Administrative Assistant in Harare, Zimbabwe. The duration of this post is 1 year.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Maintain financial records and monitoring systems for the office, maintain imprest accounts, reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports, manage the Country Office petty cash, monitor project and programme accounts for which responsibility is assigned.
- Retrieve, enter, select and analyze data from a wide variety of sources, including FAO’s corporate systems and data bases, verify accuracy of data documents make necessary calculations.
- Verify availability of funds under all programmes, ensure that operational expenditures are in accordance with approved budgets and that all committing documents are complete and consistent.
- Prepare correspondence of administrative and financial nature, draft correspondence to verify data, answer queries, and obtain additional information on transactions and financial matters, as required.
- Maintain detailed records of budget estimates, obligations and available balances, participate in the consolidation of budget proposal, prepare financial data for budget estimates and financial planning.
- Provide reports on budgetary performance of office accounts, and, if required, of project accounts, report variations from budgets.
- Maintain local inventory records with responsibility for proper recording of assets, their maintenance and safeguard.
Applicant must have:
- Secondary School Education.
- 4 year’s administrative, accounting and office management experience.
- Very good knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment and communication and documentation standards.
- Good knowledge of corporate computerized financial / travel / human resources systems and administrative procedures and policies and organizational structure.
- Limited knowledge of another FAO language.
- Working knowledge (Level C) of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.