Deadline: 11 May 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Assistant FAO Representative in Harare, Zimbabwe. The duration of this post is 1 year.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Assistant FAO Representative will perform the following functions-
- Liaise and assist government authorities and local, national and international institutions in the areas of FAO’s activities in the country and with other UN agencies.
- Promote the image of FAO through advocacy of the Organization’s mandate, programmes, national priorities and activities including development and maintenance of communication tools such as website, press releases and publications, and support the implementation of FAO’s regulatory framework (Codex Alimentarius, Code of Conduct for Responsible Fisheries, Safe Use of Pesticides, etc.) in the country.
- Coordinate the collection, consolidation and maintenance of country data on food, crops, livestock, forestry and fisheries including information on external aid in FAO’s corporate systems and monitor changes in national policies affecting the agricultural sector.
- Participate in producing technical, economic and policy studies as required and developing country level development frameworks such as the Country Programming Framework (CPF) and the United Nations Development Assistance Frameworks (UNDAF).
- Participate in the identification, formulation and preparation of programme and project proposals and monitor and review the status of programme/project implementation to ensure that all operational activities are carried out in line with the work plan and the project document, identify inconsistencies and delays and, when necessary, propose corrective measures to overcome operational constraints.
- Brief, train and supervise lower grade level programme staff regarding all aspects of the job.
- Ensure adherence to procedures and work requirements and accuracy and diligence of the work provided.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree in agriculture, agricultural economics, forestry, fisheries, or any other field related to the work of the Organization.
- 2 year’s relevant experience in agricultural development and/or project implementation in an area of FAO’s activities in the country.
- Level C of the official communication language used for FAO communication with the country (English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese or Russian).
- Working knowledge of the local language (if not English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
- Limited knowledge (Level B) of English (if the main communication language is French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
- Nationality of Zimbabwe.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.