Deadline: 2 September 2020
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Gender mainstreaming and Coordination Specialist in Harare, Zimbabwe. The duration of this post is 12 months.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Gender mainstreaming and Coordination Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Provide support to the Country Office’s coordination function.
- Provide support to the Country Representative in strategic planning for the Country Office.
- Provide technical support to the Country Representative and Country Office on interagency coordination.
- Provide technical support and guidance to the development of strategic partnerships and resource mobilization efforts.
- Provide advocacy and communication support to the Country Office.
- Facilitate knowledge building and sharing.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or its equivalence in development-related disciplines, international relations, development studies, gender equality or other social science fields.
- Certification of project/programme management (such as PMP®, PRINCE2®, or MSP®) would be an added advantage.
- 5 year’s of experience working with inter-agency coordination and strategic programme planning processes.
- Experience and understanding of gender equality programming of UN Agencies, development partners in Zimbabwe.
- Experience in providing technical support to UN supported government programmes on gender equality and women’s empowerment.
- Experience with results and rights-based policy planning and management and the ability to clearly communicate results-based management approaches.
- Experience with state party reporting and inter-governmental processes and coordination mechanisms.
- Knowledge of UN system and understanding of inter-agency coordination processes is required.
- Knowledge of gender equity and women’s empowerment issues.
- Knowledge of UN system and understanding of inter-agency coordination processes.
- Knowledge of results-based programme planning and management.
- Ability to promote and monitor inclusion of gender-specific objectives, indicators, targets and activities in the UN agencies programmes.
- Fluency in English (written and oral) is required.
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UN Women.