Deadline: 17 July 2016
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Head of Poverty, Environment and Climate Change in Harare, Zimbabwe. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Head of Poverty, Environment and Climate Change will be responsible for the management of staff, projects and programmes within that cluster.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Head of Poverty, Environment and Climate Change will perform the following functions-
- Thorough analysis of the political, social and economic situation in the country and collaborative preparation/revision of CCA, ZUNDAF, CPD, CPAP and other documents.
- Identification of strategic and innovative programme areas of cooperation.
- Analysis and presentation of UNDP policies and their implementation in the CO.
- Effective application of RBM tools, establishment of management targets (BSC) and monitoring achievement of results.
- Strategic oversight of planning, budgeting, implementing and monitoring of the programme, tracking use of financial resources in accordance with UNDP rules and regulations.
- Perform the function of Manager Level 2 in Atlas for development projects transactions approval.
- Development and implementation of the CO partnerships and resources mobilization strategies to achieve programme outcomes.
- Creation and coordination of partnerships with the UN Agencies, IFI’s, government institutions, bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors, private sector, civil society etc.
- Determination of programmatic areas of cooperation, based on strategic goals of UNDP, country needs and donors’ priorities.
- Identification of sources of information related to policy-driven issues.
- Identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learned directly linked to programme country policy goals.
- Provision of top quality policy and strategic advice to Government on development and implementation of governance policies and strategies.
- Development of policies and institutions that will address the country problems and needs in collaboration with the Government and other strategic partners.
- Supervision and mentoring of programme staff including performance management of direct reports.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences, Social Sciences or related field.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing management advisory services, hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects and establishing inter-relationships among international organization and national governments.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.