Deadline: 27 May 2016
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer in Harare, Zimbabwe. The duration of this post is 10 months.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will support implementation of the Joint Programme on Gender Equality accountability pillar with a special focus on supporting the Ministry of Women Affairs, Gender and Community Development to develop and implement the national M & E system on Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will perform the following functions-
- Contributes to reviewing draft reports produced by consultants.
- Assist in reviewing the Ministry of Women Affairs, Gender and Community Development M & E Plan and data collection forms.
- Organizing Gender Focal Persons review meetings to discuss the reports and utilize information generated from the reports to inform programming and decision making.
- Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark IVD).
- Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.
- Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers.
- Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
Applicants must have-
- University degree in development studies, gender studies or related social science field.
- Training in monitoring and evaluation from a recognized institution.
- Minimum 1 year of working in the field of monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in working with different stakeholders or teams in coordinating reporting writing.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded.
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, social media, and others).
- Nationality Zimbabwean.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.