Deadline: 23 February 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Project Personnel – Programme Specialist in Harare, Zimbabwe. The duration of this post is 12 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Project Personnel – Programme Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Provide effective operational and technical support to FAO programmes and projects in the country.
- Ensure consistency with the operational guidelines of the organization as well as with the rules and regulations of the host government.
- Participate in the identification, formulation and preparation of proposals for the program of work and work plan for the country.
- Participate in the preparation of project documents.
- Ensure their quality and consistency.
- Put in place the appropriate human and financial resources and proceed with the purchase of goods and services on behalf of projects.
- Collaborate on this with Assistant FAOR-Programme, Administrative Associate and Project Directors.
- Coordinate the monitoring and evaluation activities of projects and ensure that all operational activities are carried out in accordance with the work plan and project document.
- Coordinate the analysis of inputs, expenditures and implementation schedules.
- Identify inconsistencies and delays and, if necessary, propose corrective measures to resolve operational constraints.
- Coordinate the collection, maintenance, distribution and consolidation of technical and operational data.
- Analyze and synthesize data from various sources, including internal FAO systems such as COIN (Country Office Information Network), FPMIS (Information System on Field Program Management), country databases, etc.
- Prepare quarterly implementation reports (QPIR) and any other periodic or ad hoc reports and submit them in good time to the project management.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in development studies/ development law/ agricultural economics, project management or related discipline.
- 5 year’s of progressive responsibility in the area of program/ project management, advocacy and policy advise.
- Good knowledge of the purpose, functions of the FAO technical program, operational guidelines and program management procedures.
- Familiarity with FAO program management procedures and guidelines and of the UN.
- Knowledge of FAO internal information systems, such as COIN (Country Office Information Network) and FPMIS (Information System on program management).
- Ability to effectively use common office software, such as MS Office (Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Exchange), as well as project management software and other information systems and databases.
- Working knowledge of English (level C) and limited (level B) knowledge of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
- Nationality of Zimbabwe.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.