Deadline: 2 October 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Assistant in Harare, Zimbabwe.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Procurement Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Review and prepare routine documentation and correspondence related to assigned procurement actions, including, but not limited to: identification of potential suppliers , preparation of invitations to bid, bid summaries, purchase orders and/or contract, simple contractual amendments, renewals, obtain clarifications when necessary.
- Follow-up on purchase orders and contracts monitor receipt of order confirmation, shipment and receipt of goods and services, receipt of performance bonds or other necessary documentation.
- Review invoices of incoming goods, transportation services and custom’s clearance fees for accuracy bring to the supervisor’s attention any discrepancies which may arise, prior to processing the payment.
- Report on the status of procurement actions.
- File documents and correspondence and database records related to procurement actions, assigned tenders, purchase orders and contracts.
- Ensure data input into systems as accurate.
- Review with the supervisor problems and discrepancies related to assigned actions.
Applicant must have:
- Secondary School Education.
- University Degree in Purchasing and Supply Management, Procurement or related field will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 year’s relevant work experience in procurement, administration support work and/or accounting.
- Good knowledge of the MS Office package, Internet and office technology equipment.
- Working knowledge (Level C) of English.
- Nationality of Zimbabwe.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.