Deadline: 24 May 2016
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Technical Adviser in Harare, Zimbabwe. The duration of this post is 3 months.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Technical Adviser will perform the following functions-
- Facilitate the implementation of the Zimbabwe Gender Commission’s strategic plan to guide its work.
- Support the Commission when needed in the recruitment of staff.
- Coordinate and support the development, implementation and monitoring of the Commission’s programmes and activities.
- Manage the implementation of UNWOMEN supported programmes to the Commission through developing work plans, budgets, monitoring and evaluation of plans.
- Overall management and supervision of supported programmes.
- Manage consultants and specialist advisors engaged to support the Commission including designing of TORs for consultancies in consultation with the Commission.
- Develop specific activities including preparation of concept papers in consultation with the Commission.
- Train and orient Commissioners on key gender and development issues to enhance their understanding and abilities to effectively discharge their responsibilities.
- Build strategic partnerships with key stakeholders including CSOs, Parliament, Government Ministries and other Commissions among others.
- Advise on and develop strategic initiatives to advance the Commission’s mission and objectives;
- Support the programmatic and administrative functions of the Commission.
- Conceptualize, develop and promote innovations in the Commission’s policies.
- Draft and review activity reports and financial statements to determine progress and status in attaining the Commission’s objectives and revise objectives and plans in accordance with current conditions and needs.
- Undertake other duties as assigned.
Applicants must have-
- Masters’ Degree or its equivalent in any of the following: Law, Sociology, Gender Studies, Anthropology or other social science fields.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in gender equality and women’s empowerment work.
- Knowledge on the work of the Gender Commission.
- Experience in programming on gender equality at a national level.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Knowledge of negotiating and change management.
- Experience in formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate and interact with officials at all levels of government and to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Experience in research/analytical work in socio-economic related area.
- Knowledge on Women’s rights including sub-regional, regional and international instruments on women’s rights.
- Previous experience in providing technical support to high level government institutions.
- Good planning, goal setting and prioritization and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency in the English language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.